• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels back on.

David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

So who can tell me what the exterior tweaks are? They’re meant to be subtle, so that they are largely overlooked.

There’s still some work to go and there’s loads of little details I’ve missed out. I can’t wait for it to be back! It will also be receiving the Fatty treatment to protect the bodywork .
      David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Tractor tyres?
        Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
        England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

You've removed the drivers door key barrel, smoothed over the crease in the rear bumper, removed the rear wiper arm and I think removed the audi badge in the wing?

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
            Tractor tyres?
            You already know, so no beer for you .

I'm interested to find out how the Nokian's perform. There should still be a bit of winter left when I get it back.
            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

looks good so far,colour suits it well,looks a little different since i owned it, what power output are you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEN View Post
                You've removed the drivers door key barrel, smoothed over the crease in the rear bumper, removed the rear wiper arm and I think removed the audi badge in the wing?
                The rear wiper will be going back on, but you're pretty close! The front bumper has been smoothed over too, but it's not back on yet.

80 rear door handles.

There's one more though .
                David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter View Post
                  looks good so far,colour suits it well,looks a little different since i owned it, what power output are you expecting?
                  Just a little different .

I'm more after SPG (smiles per gallon) than any particular figures, but I'll be very happy with 400bhp and 550Nm (although I have a sneaky suspicion it will be a bit more). The ARV 'box might suffer a little, but I've given it it's best chance of surviving by having it rebuilt - we'll have a definite answer on how much one of these gearboxes can take when in a known excellent condition. I plan to be a bit gentler on the launches (I do love them though) and I've stuck with stage 3 SPEC clutch so that might slip a little rather than killing the 'box. I'm also planning on moving to Red Line Heavy Shockproof Gear Oil. I'm guessing it will increase the drivetrain loses, but I'm happy to sacrifice a little if I can put off fitting a 6-speeder for a couple of years.
                  David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

them nokians are fantastic.......
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

That's looking great! Can't wait to see the finished article.

Cheers,

Steve.
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Looking very good.

No antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by silizium View Post
                          No antenna.
                          You got it!
                          David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

looking very nice Dave. Hats off to clean parts.. I'm jealous of your anthracite interior trims
                            Cheers mis amigos,
                            _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
                              Yeah, something else I threw into the mix part-way through: a Nogaro full re-spray. I love that colour and had planned on doing it at a later stage, but with it being off the road I thought I’d get as much done as possible in one go. Plus there’s another reason which I’ll see if someone can work out later. A beer to the first person who guesses correctly.
                              Dave did you have the car painted noggy blue to match the colour of your eye's mate.

Exellent work mate , it will certainly be a unique car and i love the subtle changes to the body, very crafty i must say.
                              sigpic

Comment

Brown eyes mate. That'll probably match my pants when I first get in it - it's going to be a big step up from what I'm used to .

The beer goes to CHEN as it was the rear door handles that were being worked on which meant that it was needing paint anyway. My thinking was, if I'm going to do two doors, I've got a big chip in the rear quarter and the engine is currently out, it makes financial sense to do the whole thing now. The smoothed bumpers, removed aerial and wing badges had already been done.

I originally just had the barrels removed and smoothed over, but this looked like there was obviously something missing (as the handle surround was longer on one side than the other) so then I had the handle surround blended into the door skin. This fixed it looking obvious that barrels were once there, but it didn't look like it came from the factory that way and to make matters worse it wasn't a good job and cracks started to appear. Rear door handles were the only way I could lose the barrels and keep it looking stock-ish.
                                Last edited by S2_Dave; 12 January 2008, 11:16.
                                David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X